Dallas was recently named one of the top 15 fastest growing cities in America, and for good reason. With year-round awesome weather, the perfect combination of urban and old-school atmospheres, not to mention some of the most laid-back, down-to-earth individuals on the planet, it’s no wonder people are flocking from all over to place down roots in the Big D. One area that’s experiencing particular growth is Uptown Dallas. If you’re thinking of relocating here, we’ve got 10 reasons why you should consider making Uptown your new home.
1) For the Active: If being outdoors and working up a sweat is something you enjoy, Uptown Dallas is the place to be. The area is home to some of the most beautiful natural destinations that are perfect for walking, running, biking and exploring. Jog, skate or bike the historic, expertly landscaped Katy Trail, enjoy a leisurely stroll through Griggs Park, or take in a Zumba or yoga class in Klyde Warren Park.
2) For the Fans of Furry Animals: Uptown Dallas is like a mecca for pet parents. Around here, those with four-legged family members have access to a plethora of pet-friendly options – from parks and trails to bars and offices! Take, for example, Mutts Canine Cantina, a dog-friendly restaurant and dog park where you can eat and enjoy a cocktail while your pup runs free. Katy Trail is also pro-pooch. In fact, good majority of Uptown Dallas apartments welcome pets as well, so your furry companion will fit right in.
3) For the Movie Buffs: Love a good flick? Whether you’re preference is comedy, drama, action or the classics, Uptown Dallas has plenty of places to stay up to date on all your film-watching activities. Better yet, there are some pretty awesome and unique ways to do so. For example, the South Alley Film Series in West Village shows outdoor movies on a giant inflatable screen. Live entertainment and an abundance of tasty food and delicious drink specials make the experience unforgettable.
4) For the Job Seekers: Whether you’ve got years of experience or the ink is still wet on your college diploma, Uptown Dallas the place to be for job seekers. Because business is booming in this part of the country, there are plenty of opportunities to choose from, with some pretty big players setting up roots in the area, including PwC, Regions HQ and Pandora Music. And with an equal spike in available apartments in Uptown Dallas, you can kill two birds with one stone.
5) For the Artsy: We’re not all about chicken-fried steak and country music here. To the contrary, Uptown Dallas is home to a growing community of talented artists and a wide variety of cultural attractions to discover and experience. From the Visual Arts Coalition of Dallas to the Kitchen Dog Theatre, and the countless antiques galleries to explore – you name it, we’ve got it. Pinkies up!
6) For the Public Transportation Users: One of the nicest features of Uptown Dallas is the close proximity for foot traffic. But don’t worry – if you’re in a rush, or hoofing it simply isn’t your cup of tea, there are also plenty of options in terms of public transportation to get you where you want to go. Wind your way through historic Uptown on one of the M-Line’s electric trolley cars, or hop on the DART commuter rail, a convenient, safe and affordable way to get around the city.
7) For the Socialites: If you’re the mingling kind, Uptown Dallas has quite the vibrant social scene – especially as day turns to night. When that blazing hot Dallas sun goes down, grab your dancing shoes and hit one of the many local clubs and watering holes. Sip some fancy suds at the sophisticated Cru Wine Bar or show off your karaoke skills at one of the more down-home hangouts, like Big Al’s McKinney Avenue Tavern. And because you’ll be in walking distance from your Uptown Dallas apartment, you won’t have to worry about finding a designated driver. Score!
8) For the Shoppers: For those of us who have a bit of a shopping addiction, you’ll find exactly what your heart desires on the streets of Uptown Dallas. From traditional shops to high-end clothing stores and just about everything in between, you can shop ‘til you drop and get all the items on your wish list without having to head out of town.
9) For the Foodies: When it comes to food in Uptown Dallas, we’re not exaggerating when we say we’ve got it all. The variety of gastronomical delights located in and around our geographical area covers everything from casual comfort food to fancy French bakeries and a number of fine dining options. Uptown is also home to a veritable world-map of ethnic cuisines, including a variety of Asian, Italian and Latin-American options, just to name a few. Whatever you’ve got a hankering for, you’ll find it right around the corner.
10) For the Fellowship: There are 50+ apartment complexes located in Uptown Dallas. In addition to the communities and organizations via UptownDallas and Meetup, there are plenty of other ways to meet other Uptowners, such as through the Friends of Uptown Dallas (FUD) organization, the Uptown Women’s Center, and the local Rotary Club. And, of course, taking part in the many activities, events and local happenings around town is also a great way to rub some elbows and make some new friends.
The Uptown section of Dallas, TX represents the ideal combination of lifestyle, luxury and convenience, which is what makes it such an amazing place to live. These are just 10 of the countless reasons why you should consider making this beautiful area your home in 2016. Not sure where to start? We can help you find the perfect place to suit your needs, lifestyle and budget. Give Dallas Apartment Locators a call today. Uptown Dallas awaits!