It’s see or be seen when it comes to those who live in and around Uptown Dallas. Defined by its innovative urban character, Uptown has quickly become one of the most desirable neighborhoods to live in the city. Thanks to minimal tax incentives enforced in the early 90’s, the Uptown Improvement District (Uptown PID) has been able to implement a number of public enhancements – including a booming number of beautiful Uptown Dallas apartments for rent – creating a safer and wonderfully unique place to live.
Want to get around without the expense or hassle of owning a car? Not to worry!Uptown Dallas is known for its “walkability,” with everything from upscale dining and shopping to trendy nightlife all within a few steps from each other. Or, hop on one of the McKinney Avenue trolleys, a line of restored vintage trolley cars providing free – yes free – transportation around the neighborhood. And with such close proximity to some amazing career opportunities, the possibilities are endless!
Where: Slightly north of downtown and west of the North Central Expressway.
Why you want to live there: Uptown Dallas is a dynamic neighborhood teeming with young professionals seeking a more trendy and luxurious lifestyle. If you are looking for great shopping, amazing food, exhilarating nightlife and a healthy mix of outdoor activities all within walking distance, the selection of apartments in Uptown will not disappoint.
- Population: 20,627
- Median age: 33.3
- Median household Income: $88,044
A few of our favorite places:
- Shopping: Grange Hall, Nest, Vintage Martini, West Village
- Food & Drink: Abacus, La Duni, Social House, Katy Trail Ice House, Breadwinners Café & Bakery
- Arts and Culture: Theatre Three, McKinney Avenue Contemporary, 4th Wall Gallery
- Attractions: McKinney Avenue Trolley, McKinney Avenue Contemporary
- Nightlife: The Idle Rich Pub, Fat Rabbit, The Den Bar & Grill, Blackfriar Pub
- Parks and Rec: Klyde Warren Park, Grigg’s Park, The Katy Trail
Due to its close proximity to surrounding downtown and Oak Lawn neighborhoods, Uptown, Dallas is a hub for fantastic shopping, dining and entertainment options as well as plenty of outdoor recreational activities. If this sounds like your ideal neighborhood, let us know and we’ll get started on finding the perfect Uptown, Dallas apartments for rent now.
*Data provided by DMagazine and Yelp